Monday, December 24, 2012

Family: Santa Has It Right...

    You have the people on Facebook who think that seeing family on the holidays is a wonderful blessing. I'd like to see what exactly they take before attending these events. I don't know if you've ever noticed, but most people enjoy the holidays. I couldn't disagree more. I don't know the types of people who typically enjoy spending times with their families, I always feel that families always make things more stressful than necessary. This is the first year I am living with my fiance. We have to share who's house we go over every year, instead of going to both homes; it'd be way more driving than we could handle. This year we decided on his family since the unfortunate circumstances with his step father...
    I feel that I should have seen this happening in advance though, with all the satirical films that have been released throughout my life... I never thought it'd be like this.
     My parents enjoy guilt tripping me. The last few months I have seen them more than my fiance's family. Either way, it's way too many times. For the last few months I had to endure intense psychological "games," and being introduced to his family as well is sometimes more than I can handle. My parents enjoyed watching reality television- they create drama. They get off on it. I moved away for a reason- Santa's got it right; it's only good visiting family once a year.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment